Together we'll be making this gorgeous Garter Stitch Shawl. The shawl has a written pattern plus a great video tutorial from Marly for each section. Below is the list of supplies, the schedule, the links to the instructions, and information about giveaways. The KAL started on March 30, 2016 and the final video will be posted on April 20. If you are joining us later, the pattern and videos will remain up. Keep reading to learn the supplies, schedule, and our giveaways.
- Red Heart Soft: 2 balls color A, 1 ball color B, 2 balls color C
- First colorway: 9870 Deep Sea A, 4420 Guacamole B, and 9518 Teal C
- Second colorway: 9440 Light Grey Heather A, 9925 Really Red B, and 9518 Teal C
- Third colorway: 9440 Light Grey Heather A, 9779 Berry B, and 9010 Charcoal C
- Fourth colorway: 9440 Light Grey Heather A, 9770 Rose Blush B, and 9010 Charcoal C
- Fifth colorway: 9440 Light Grey Heather A, 9820 Mid Blue C, and 9010 Charcoal C
- Sixth colorway: 9440 Light Grey Heather A, 9114 Honey B, and 9820 Mid Blue C
- Seventh colorway: 9440 Light Grey Heather A, 9779 Berry B, and 9010 Charcoal C
- Eighth colorway: 4600 White A, 9251 Coral B, and 2515 Turquoise C
- Susan Bates Knitting Needles: 5.5mm (US 9) 24" long and 36" long or longer
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
Each week in the KAL, post your picture of your progress in the Facebook group and we will choose 1 winner to get a $25 prize pack. At the end of the KAL, we will invite you to submit a photo of your completed shawl. From the submissions we will randomly choose 3 winners to win a $50 Red Heart prize pack!
Post your pictures in the Facebook group before Tuesday at 11:59 PM Mountain Time (Marly's time zone) to be entered. Winners will be announced on Wednesdays.
Week 1: Post your progress picture by April 5; 1 winner announced April 6
Week 2: Post your progress picture by April 12; 1 winner announced April 13
Week 3: Post your progress picture by April 19; 1 winner announced April 20
Week 4: Post your completed shawl picture by April 26; 3 winners announced April 27