Red Heart is proud to make yarns in the USA, in Albany, Georgia. As you may have seen in the media, tornadoes hit the Southern US, including Albany, Georgia during the weekend of January 21st and 22nd, causing both loss of life and property. To support the community, co-workers, friends, and families that have been affected by the tornadoes, Red Heart is partnering with the American Red Cross to help our communities affected by Southern Tornadoes and Storms. Donations enable the American Red Cross to prepare for, respond to, and help people recover from these disasters. Red Heart will match all donations made by our Red Heart consumers up to $25,000.
The American Red Cross is working tirelessly to help people devastated by a tumultuous weekend of severe weather that ravaged hundreds of homes across the South. To date in Georgia and Mississippi, the Red Cross has:
- Mobilized over 500 Red Crossers
- Opened 9 shelters providing nearly 600 shelter overnight stays
- Served more than 30,000 meals and snacks
- Distributed more than 8,000 relief items
- Provided 900 health and mental health contacts to individuals and families in need.
Support the people of Albany, GA that make Red Heart America's Favorite Yarns.